‘We have discovered a single man claiming housing benefit for a property that appears to have an infinite number of spare rooms,’ said Benefits Officer Kimberley Smalls. ‘He is therefore liable for the most severe under-occupancy penalty.’
The spot check by housing benefit officers found that the Doctor has far more ‘spare rooms’ in his 1960s police box than was previously thought. These include a sick bay, an observatory, a library, a secondary control room, several squash courts, an ancillary power station, a swimming pool and an attic.
‘This is quite simply a question of fairness,’ said government minister Esther McVey. ‘It is totally unacceptable for a single man such as the Doctor to be living in a property with so many spare rooms – a property that could be used by a much larger family.’
The Time Lord, who has been living in the Type 40 Mark 1 TARDIS for over 900 years, is appealing the decision on the grounds that his ‘spare rooms’ only exist in extra dimensions of space and time that are not covered by the Welfare Act. However, legal experts say his chances of success are about as likely as a Cyberman winning The Voice by singing I Will Always Love You.
Housing benefit officers are also looking into allegations that the Doctor failed to declare periods of time when he was co-habiting with an assistant. ‘He has a statutory duty to inform us of any changes to his circumstances,’ said Ms Smalls who is also investigating claims of identity fraud. ‘Our records indicate the Doctor may have changed identities on at least twelve different occasions. He claims that he remains the same person; we shall see what the courts have to say about that.’
If his appeal is rejected the Doctor may be evicted from the TARDIS as early as next month, which could seriously interfere with his work saving the planet from alien invasion. ‘I had previously thought the Daleks were the most hate-fuelled creatures in the universe, unable to feel pity, remorse or compassion,’ said the Doctor, ‘but even they wouldn’t do this to me.’Source: News Biscuit – Bedroom Tax may force Doctor Who to be evicted from TARDIS (SATIRE)
- Angelina Jolie and Kim Kardashian feud causes concern (craighill.net)
- Eviction rate doubles under ‘unjust’ bedroom tax (streetdemocracy.wordpress.com)
- Comedian Frank Skinner set for Doctor Who role (itv.com)
- Tenants facing eviction after refusing to pay a penny of bedroom tax (24dash.com)
- Cool TARDIS Cake (betweenthepagesblog.typepad.com)
- DOCTOR WHO – Second LEGO Set Reaches Review Stage on Cuusoo Site! (haveageekasm.com)
- Home & Office : Doctor Who Cookie Cutters (thinkgeek.com)
- Bedroom tax victims should be represented at appeals by their housing associations, Plaid Cymru urge (walesonline.co.uk)
- This Hybrid Dalek/TARDIS Dress is Fantastic! (fanboyfashion.com)
- Tardis necklace (midnightplanet.wordpress.com)