Cuts to Britain’s armed forces mean the country will be ‘left on the sidelines’ when America invades China.
“The war with China will be one of the craziest ever fought. You’re going to miss out on something completely mental.”
He added: “When America invades China Britain will be there with the helicopter, Tank 1 and Tank 2 and, of course, HMS Ship.
“Actually, don’t tell me. It’s better when I have absolutely no idea.”Source: The Daily Mash – Britain could miss out on crazy, pointless war with China, says important American (SATIRE)
- Japan to launch unarmed practice missile towards North Korea (craighill.net)
- China declares Lunar Defence Obliteration Zone (chinadailymail.com)
- Former US defence secretary Robert Gates voices concerns over UK military (telegraph.co.uk)
- Military cuts ‘limit’ UK world power (bbc.co.uk)
- Cameron denies Army is no longer full U.S. partner (cyprus-mail.com)
- PM rejects Gates’ defence warning (bbc.co.uk)
- If the MoD can’t name the enemy, it shouldn’t buy the weapons | Simon Jenkins (theguardian.com)
- Robert Gates: military cuts will end UK’s global role (theweek.co.uk)
- Britain’s freedom depends on military strength (telegraph.co.uk)
- Defence cuts threaten US-UK partnership, says Robert Gates (telegraph.co.uk)
- Defence cuts ‘threaten UK military partnership with US’ (theguardian.com)