Here are some of the events that happened on this day in Australian history. Please feel free to add others that you know of in the comments section.
- 1944 – The acting prime minister, Frank Forde announced Australia’s intention of embarking on an active postwar immigration policy.
- 1971 – Qantas subject to an extortion hoax.
- 1998 – The first National Sorry Day protest held (pictured).
- 2005 – National Sorry Day renamed National Day of Healing
- Independence Day, commemorates the day of the First Republic in 1918 (Georgia)
- Independence Day, celebrates the independence of Guyana from the United Kingdom in 1966.
- Mother’s Day (Poland)
- National Paper Airplane Day (United States)
- National Sorry Day (Australia)
Thank you for reading our history post today. We hope you found it interesting. If you’re interested in any of our courses, or our micro-credentials, please complete the following form.
No comments yet.