Here are some of the events that happened on this day in Australian history. Please feel free to add others that you know of in the comments section.
- 1914 – Ronald Munro-Ferguson, 1st Viscount Novar is appointed the sixth Governor General of Australia.
- 1974 – John Howard (pictured) enters Parliament as an Opposition backbencher for the electorate of Bennelong.
- Baltic Fleet Day (Russia)
- Day of Remembrance of Crimean Tatar genocide (Ukraine)
- Independence Day (Somaliland) (unrecognized)
- International Museum Day
- National Speech Pathologist Day (United States)
- Mullivaikkal Remembrance Day (Sri Lankan Tamils)
- Revival, Unity, and Poetry of Magtymguly Day (Turkmenistan)
- Teacher’s Day (Syria)
- Victory Day (Sri Lanka)
- Remembrance Day (Sri Lanka)
Thank you for reading our history post today. We hope you found it interesting. If you’re interested in any of our courses, or our micro-credentials, please complete the following form.
No comments yet.