Concluding it was the best way to ensure she remains comfortable during her twilight years, the British Royal Family recently placed Queen Elizabeth II into a local nursing home, sources confirmed Wednesday.
“Members of the Royal Family are in agreement that they simply do not have the time or resources to personally provide Her Majesty with the type of constant care she needs and deserves at this point,” said a Buckingham Palace spokesman.
It was added that the family had selected a facility within the city of London in order to make monthly visits from her children and grandchildren feasible.
“The Queen has never wanted to be a burden, and with this arrangement she will be surrounded by others at a similar stage in their lives.
While the accommodations are perhaps not what she is accustomed to, she will no doubt enjoy the many organised activities, such as movie night and occasional excursions to the shopping mall.”
At press time, Prince Charles was assuring his irate mother that she would be put in a private room as soon as one was available.Source: The Onion – British Royal Family Places Queen Elizabeth In Nursing Home (SATIRE)
- December 9 1992 Prince Charles and Princess Diana announce separation (craighill.net)
- Members of the British Royal Family Attend Service of the Most Noble Order of the Garter. (VIDEO) (royalcorrespondent.com)
- So, What Does the Royal Family Actually Do? (popsugar.com)
- Members of the British Royal Family Attend the Thistle Service at St. Giles’ Cathedral in Edinburgh. (royalcorrespondent.com)
- Bulgarian President Plevneliev received in audience by Queen Elizabeth (sofiaglobe.com)
- Queen launches biggest UK warship (radionz.co.nz)
- Members of the British Royal Family Attend the Most Noble Order of the Garter Service at St. George’s Chapel. (VIDEOS) (royalcorrespondent.com)
- Royal Job Sharing! Prince Charles & Queen Elizabeth Splitting Duties (radaronline.com)
- Kate Middleton Tormented by Queen Elizabeth II? Palace Denies Fight [PHOTOS] (ibtimes.co.in)
- Queen Elizabeth Ii and The British Royal Family (socyberty.com)
Hopefully, the home provides residents with Tuesday afternoon Bingo for a royally grand time.
HY-larious. Thanks for a laugh!!! 🙂