“Yippee!” said one bookseller when she heard the news. She continued,”This is our big chance to dump our inventory of kids’ books.”
Giving a thumbs-up sign to an assistant, she said, “Get all the junk onto the selling floor and prepare to sell, sell, sell!”
Couples who really want to jump the gun are reportedly planning IN UTERO reading sessions.
“You can never start too early,” said one mom-to-be, adding, “On the way home from the doctor’s office after finding out I was pregnant, I stopped at a bookstore and bought a stack of books from the Children’s Section.”
Ha! Talk about fantasy tales…..
Breaking News: This just in from Kelly Clarkson‘s baby, River Rose. She’s issued a press release, telling the world she’d rather be SUNG to than READ to. So there!
- Video shows Justin Bieber using three syllable word (craighill.net)
- Read Aloud to Children from Birth (wakingbraincells.com)
- U.S. pediatricians urge reading aloud to children from birth (health-host.co.uk)
- From birth, U.S. pediatricians urge reading aloud to children (trust.org)
- AAP Recommends Parents to Read Aloud to their Children (counselheal.com)
- For poor kids, recommendation to read aloud is even more critical (washingtonpost.com)
- Pediatrics Group to Recommend Reading Aloud to Children From Birth (rss.nytimes.com)
- Read aloud to children from before birth through 5th grade (taknbsorbemwon5.wordpress.com)
- Doctors to Parents: Start Reading to Kids Early (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Doctors: Parents Should Start Reading to Kids in Infancy (newsplex.com)