Advertisements
you're reading...
Travel

Dynamic Tower Dubai

The Dynamic Tower in Dubai is the first Building in Motion to be constructed in the world, and it will herald a new era of architecture and become a symbol of Dubai, the city of the future.

The developer is Rotating Tower Dubai Development Limited of Dynamic Group.

Created by revolutionary architect Dr David Fisher, the mixed use Dynamic Tower offers infinite design possibilities, as each floor rotates independently at different speeds, resulting in a unique and ever evolving structure that introduces a fourth dimension to architecture, Time.

The Dynamic Tower in Dubai will have 80 floors, and will be 420 meters (1,380 feet) tall, Apartments will range in size from 124 square meters (1,330 square feet), to Villas of 1,200 square meters (12,900 square feet) complete with a parking space inside the apartment. the first 20 floors will be an offices, floors 21 to 35 will be a luxury hotel, floor 36 through 70 will be residential apartments, and the top 10 floors will be luxury villas located in a prime location in Dubai, it is destined to become the most prestigious building in the city.

The Dynamic Tower in Dubai will be the first skyscraper to be entirely constructed in a factory from prefabricated parts, it will require only 600 people in the assembly facility and 80 technicians on the construction site instead of 2,000 workers on a similar size traditional construction site, Construction is scheduled to be completed by 2010.

His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, ruler of Dubai and Vice President of the United Arab Emirates, is considered by many to be a true visionary of the future, Dr Fisher’s dreams for the Dynamic Tower in Dubai were inspired by His Highness who said “Do not wait for the future to come to you…face the future.”

Other Tourism and Travel Articles On This Site

Travel Articles About “My Journey”

Advertisements

About Craig Hill

General Manager at Craig Hill Training Services * Get an Australian diploma by studying in your own country * Get an Australian diploma using your overseas study and work experience * Diplomas can be used for work or study in Australia and other countries. * For more information go to www.craighill.net

Discussion

72 thoughts on “Dynamic Tower Dubai

1. What a magnificent building! It looks like a Stairway to Heaven.

Posted by Brook | January 25, 2012, 11:24
  2. scheduled to be completed by 2010.

Apparently has not been built?

Fisher distributed a biography which said he received an honorary doctorate from “The Prodeo Institute at Columbia University in New York”. No such institution exists, and Columbia said it had never awarded Fisher an honorary degree. Fisher acknowledges that he is not well known, has never built a skyscraper before and hasn’t practiced architecture regularly in decades.

In 2008, the designer of the Dynamic Tower said that he expected it to be completed in 2010.[2] In 2009 Fisher claimed to finish construction late 2011. [11] However, construction has not started yet, and there has been no official announcement of the building site. Fisher did not “say where the tower would be built, […] because he wanted to keep it a surprise.”

Nice enough idea, but if the proof is in the pudding….

Posted by maxredlines | January 30, 2012, 08:51
    • I have seen that article on Wikipedia, that your comment is copy and pasted from. It is flagged as outdated, but you are right, it hasn’t been built yet.

My information is that the tower was put on hold because of the GFC, but it is still intended that it be built – at this stage.

So let’s just wait and see…

Posted by Craig Hill | January 30, 2012, 09:03
  3. Whether it’s built yet or not, vision sustains us.

Posted by Brook | January 30, 2012, 09:11
    • I had considered deleting it from the site, but it’s such an interesting building (or model) to look at, I decided to leave it posted. Hopefully one day it will get built 🙂

Posted by Craig Hill | January 31, 2012, 00:11
      • Hopefully you’ll leave it there. Even if it’s in the “photo stage”, it *is* interesting and *intriguing* to look at and consider.

Posted by Brook | January 31, 2012, 01:37
  4. I just noticed you said “will be” in the narrative so I don’t get what caused confusion.

Posted by Brook | January 31, 2012, 01:38
    • I don’t think there was confusion. It appears the poster has pasted part of a disputed article from Wikipedia to seek clarification. Unfortunately, like everyone else, I’m not sure when it will be built. I assume after Dubai’s economy strengthens again.

Posted by Craig Hill | January 31, 2012, 01:51
  5. Okay….it was just a wonderful photo to me. I’m glad the Wikipedia issue is clear now. I haven’t read about Dubai’s economy. What caused the weakening? From other photos I’ve seen, Dubai looks beautiful and prosperous.

Posted by Brook | January 31, 2012, 03:40
    • Their economy is almost entirely based on tourism and “shopping”. Once the GFC hit, people did not have the money to spend abroad, preferring to spend domestically. As the world’s economy improves, so too will Dubai’s economy.

Posted by Craig Hill | January 31, 2012, 08:07
  6. Thanks for the clarification – it’s an interesting concept, although the wiki material regarding Fisher was less than encouraging. With luck, somebody can take it and run with it.

Posted by maxredlines | February 1, 2012, 00:06
    • It occurred to me that if the rotating tower ever got built, how would people not get dizzy or “seasick?” I don’t understand the concept of time either except when it’s time to study or time to eat or time to talk etc. Does this mean people would somehow experience time in a new way?

Here’s how uninformed I was about Dubai…I thought it was rich with oil. But now I know it’s tourism.

Today I heard about China’s Ghost Cities. Sometimes if you build it, they will not come.

See how this Dubai rotating tower idea has people talking:)

Posted by Brook | February 1, 2012, 01:46
    • Yes. The wikipedia article wasn’t encouraging, but I also noticed the article had multiple issues regarding authentification of material posted.

What is known is that Dubai, like China, undertook huge structure and infrastructure projects, at huge costs, without really checking the feasability or economic viability of such projects. In recent years, both countries have cooled a little on this “Keep spending money” idea.

Hopefully, the Dynamic Tower will not be scrapped all together, and somebody can step forward to see if it is actually possible and realistic to build it.

Also, this is just a repost of an article I wrote in 2009 on another website, when Dubai’s economy was at it’s peak, and information was much more positive about the tower’s construction.

Posted by Craig Hill | February 1, 2012, 07:36
      • I’m way behind on your articles! I read about Dubai when I first started blogging and got directed there. I would really enjoy reading more recent articles but haven’t navigated to them yet.

It really doesn’t work to have dreams without considering the cost, does it? I’ve been guilty of dreaming without considering the cost, but hoping to correct that; it takes an inner fight to keep thinking in possibilities.

So what is our time difference? I’m thinking it’s day here while it’s night there. Also, the proverbial what’s-the-weather? Here it’s in the 60s with clouds and rain.

Posted by Brook | February 2, 2012, 03:23
  7. It looks incredible but makes me dizzy thinking about it, and I wonder if the elevator moves around as well while you’re riding in it with your car to take up and park in your apartment! Intriguing.

Posted by E.J. | February 19, 2012, 10:06
  8. Sadly, we watch our own country’s highrises falling apart.
    This should have been built at the site of the 9/11.

Beautiful…while globalization has done much for other countries, America is selling off her assets to the world.
    We can say “we” help built Dubai with our “gas” prices. It sure would be nice to see some of those beautiful buildings going up over here.

Thanks for posting that…we don’t get to see such excitment over here.

Posted by joyannaadams | February 20, 2012, 03:12
  9. Interesting blog Craig. Thanks too for visiting my blog recently.

cheers
    Lorraine 🙂

Posted by aawwa | February 22, 2012, 15:26
  10. Interesting that architectural vaporware seems to generate as much interest as real bricks-and-mortar! Perhaps its provenance in the land of magic lamps lends interest…

I don’t know that such an opium dream can be built or not but suspect I’d rather not pay its maintenance…I suspect Nemesis’ presence in every cranny…

Posted by jackcurtis | February 23, 2012, 07:33
    • Creativity and imagination always catch people’s attention. This certainly has both. I also remember people doubting whether the Sydney Opera House’s design was actually able to be built, but it was eventually built..

Posted by Craig Hill | February 23, 2012, 08:44
  11. Just spoke to a young college student in next seat at library. He’s studying “sustainability” of buildings and using our natural resources best. He says some buildings have (or will have) grass growing on top. Incredible.

I’m trying to imagine the very first shelter humans built for themselves.

Posted by Brook | February 23, 2012, 09:06
  12. There’s nothing new under the sun!

Posted by Brook | February 23, 2012, 09:18
  13. It would be totally awesome to see something like this built. I was very interested in the parking space in each unit of the residential area. That would be quite fun to ride an elevator in your car into your apartment or Condo. Thank-you for sharing this. it’s very interesting, and hope something like this could be developed.

Posted by savageindian | February 23, 2012, 13:39
  14. Wow, what an amazing idea. I want a spot on the top floor. I’m sure the movements will be slow but imagine the changing views. My plants would never grow crooked craning toward the sun like it does here in Alaska. I think it is an awesome idea but I just wonder how it would handle an earthquake. Also, I wonder if it would be automatic or if there is a “man behind the curtain” driving the building. I could just imagine him getting drunk and turning it into an amusement park ride. That would be fun too. I’d love to see this in person some day if it ever does gets built. I don’t care if he really has the education he said he does. People do amazing things without it sometimes and everyone seems to embellish their resumes to get farther. One time I really angered my dad when he asked me who my favorite president was when I was in High School. He’s a republican. I said Nixon and he started convulsing (well almost). I think he had to be pretty clever to get as far as he did before getting caught. I love making him twitch.

Posted by Donna | February 24, 2012, 06:59
  15. I wonder what Prince Charles would make of this? … Ha! Ha!

Posted by Bob W Cain | February 24, 2012, 07:16
  16. Craig…good answer 🙂

Posted by Brook | February 25, 2012, 04:34
  17. Reblogged this on محمد إسحاق.

Posted by محمد إسحاق | February 25, 2012, 18:43
  18. Interesting architecture. Thanks for posting this, Craig and of course for visiting my blog. Keep up the good work!

Posted by t.on.air | February 28, 2012, 01:39
  19. I looked at this post before but I can not seem to stay away from it. The concept is mesmerizing! There has to be a central tower that contains the raceway for all the electrical, plumbing and data pathways. Not only that but each floor has to have a very large motor and set of gears to turn it. The project is astounding but if they can build a ski slope and architected islands in Dubai then they can do this. More power to them. Thanks for another great post.

Posted by Waldo "Wally" Tomosky | February 28, 2012, 07:28
  20. I wonder why. Why do you think this twirling tower captures people’s imaginations so frequently? Maybe that’s it. One time at a beach, it was so beautiful, I wanted to twirl. Twirling makes us feel free. I did twirl. I caught my shy son smiling at me.

Posted by Brook | February 28, 2012, 08:44
  21. At high speeds, would we not barf?

Posted by Brook | February 28, 2012, 11:43
  22. And why would a guy spoil a gal’s twirl(: Now you are thinking and not imagining.

Posted by Brook | February 28, 2012, 11:45
  23. HI, AWESOME AND AMAZING!

Posted by amazinghomes4u | February 28, 2012, 13:04
  24. I’d travel there just to see that. I don’t know if I could afford to, but at least I could say that I visited a rotating building. Great Post.

Posted by Nate | February 28, 2012, 21:31
  25. Hi Craig…so you *were* imagining. A ride like an amusement park. Yes, lots of people would go for that, although high speed anything makes me tremble.

Please forgive if I over-reacted and misjudged your imagination;)

Posted by Brook | February 28, 2012, 23:25
  26. What a cool building!!! I can just imagine the stunts that people will try on a building like this!

Posted by Marc Phillippe Babineau | March 1, 2012, 15:28
  27. Reblogged this on Leo Donaldson – Motivational Speaker.

Posted by Leo Donaldson | March 2, 2012, 15:34
  28. It’s a stack of square pancakes, and now it’s time for breakfast and I’m hungry.

Posted by Roy | March 3, 2012, 15:44
  29. Dynamic in Dubai or not … I think Sweden was first with a twisted building – ready in 2005 – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_Torso, we are a small country, but sometimes we – surprise the rest of the world … like we did with ABBA *laughter and do with IKEA! And in all honesty I think we should take the credit for building the first twisted skyscraper. And of course – we did it with a big bang … of the dynamite.

Posted by viveka | March 5, 2012, 01:21
  30. Learning a lot here. Hello Sweden:) Possibly embarrassing myself…but what do you mean by “we Swedes need snaps to make the rooms to spin.”

I like the Turning Torso.

Posted by brook | March 5, 2012, 04:03
  31. WOW. AND the floors rotate at different speeds….I wonder how many accidents that will cause on the expressway…

Posted by Jennifer Ward-Pelar | March 12, 2012, 11:40
  32. Great post and thanks for liking my post about Erik Johansson 😉

Posted by jennysserendipity | March 12, 2012, 20:28
  33. Looks like a pile of domino bricks 🙂

Posted by aheikkinen | March 25, 2012, 17:17
  34. The concept of having a revolving floor atop a building is far from new. Wikipedia has a list of hundreds of such observation towers and/or restaurants around the world: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_revolving_restaurants Many, however, including the one here in Detroit, Michigan, USA no longer revolve. The floors revolve slowly enough that no one gets dizzy. So it is theoretically possible to build such a building, using the same “central shaft” system, but given the high failure rate of both revolving floor and economies, it seems unlikely that it will actually be constructed.

Posted by Karen F. Dimanche Davis | June 4, 2012, 23:47