I have the following experience in a political office:
- Member of Australian Democrats from 2018 – present
- Writing media releases for Australian Democrats during the 2019 election campaign.
- Working for Australian Democrats Senator Andrew Bartlett in 2006 – 2007
- My work for the Australian Democrats in 2006 – 2007 included writing speeches, writing reports, research (including parliamentary library), dealing with state and federal MPs, dealing with local councillors, answering constituent written and verbal enquiries with reference to Democrats’ policy, maintaining the Democrats’ and the senator’s personal websites, contributing to social media and assisting marginalised individuals and demographic groups to deal with state and commonwealth government departments.
- I was an active member of the Labor Party for five years from 2012 until 2017.
- I completed the grass roots campaigning course with the Labor Party
- I worked for four months as a volunteer in Queensland Labor’s State Office, and two days as a volunteer in former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd’s office.
- I worked with my local branch of the Labor Party on the social media team, various policy committees (Governance, Defence and Foreign Policy Committee; Social Policy Committee) and as a branch organiser. I was part of Labor’s state policy network.
I have studied the following law and politics subjects at university or TAFE:
- Legal Institutions (Degree level)
- Media Law (Degree level)
- News and Politics (Degree level)
- Commercial Law 1 & 2 (Advanced Diploma level)
- Income Tax Law For Accountants (Advanced Diploma level)
- Make Decisions in a Legal Context (Certificate IV level)